Articles on this Page
- 11/22/13--08:30: _Participation in Sy...
- 11/24/13--17:00: _Spirituality of Sys...
- 12/19/13--15:55: _Formation Friday – ...
- 01/30/14--17:09: _Formation Friday – ...
- 01/31/14--15:32: _Saturday Study Hall...
- 03/07/14--17:30: _Saturday Study Hall...
- 03/28/14--18:01: _SVDP participation ...
- 04/26/14--13:29: _Frederic Ozanam – S...
- 05/29/14--18:11: _Maya Angelou, “unto...
- 06/15/14--13:46: _Vincentian Reentry ...
- 07/08/14--17:41: _Why be the Voice of...
- 07/22/14--17:00: _What Congress and V...
- 08/03/14--15:10: _St. Vincent de Paul...
- 09/05/14--10:53: _SCN – Understanding...
- 09/08/14--16:16: _How do you get an e...
- 10/17/14--10:23: _“What is your Churc...
- 10/31/14--15:00: _Pope urges activist...
- 11/16/14--17:03: _Food for Thought le...
- 11/21/14--13:26: _Vincentian Family S...
- 02/22/15--05:33: _Wise Asset Manageme...
- 11/22/13--08:30: Participation in Systemic Change
- 11/24/13--17:00: Spirituality of Systemic Change (Video)
- 12/19/13--15:55: Formation Friday – Vincentian Stocking stuffers
- 01/30/14--17:09: Formation Friday – Systemic change
- 01/31/14--15:32: Saturday Study Hall – Change in depth
- 03/07/14--17:30: Saturday Study Hall –“Change your way of thinking”
- 03/28/14--18:01: SVDP participation in National Poverty Summit
- 04/26/14--13:29: Frederic Ozanam – Systemic Thinking and Change
- 05/29/14--18:11: Maya Angelou, “untold stories” and the Vincentian Family
- 06/15/14--13:46: Vincentian Reentry Organizing Project
- 07/08/14--17:41: Why be the Voice of the Poor?
- 07/22/14--17:00: What Congress and Vincentians Shared
- 08/03/14--15:10: St. Vincent de Paul Society takes stronger advocacy role
- 09/05/14--10:53: SCN – Understanding Systemic Change & Gender Justice
- 09/08/14--16:16: How do you get an education if you are homeless?
- 10/17/14--10:23: “What is your Church doing now?” Frederic Ozanam’s response
- 11/16/14--17:03: Food for Thought leads Children and Families to Healthier Lifestyle
- 11/21/14--13:26: Vincentian Family Systemic Change Workshop – Ukraine
- 02/22/15--05:33: Wise Asset Management in Kenya
For those working to implement processes of systemic change, one of the keys is to understand how marginalized people actually experience change in their lives. Thankfully, strong research is emerging as we enter into the “post-MDG” world. Our Vincentian Family representatives at the United Nations are part of our contribution to the debate, but thorough […]
VinFormation is happy to present the video version of the well-received presentation by Fr.”Memo” Campuzano, CM at the meeting of the Vincentian Family in Indianapolis. Once on this page you can choose from either the Video, the Powerpoint or a simple sounding recording.
“Tis the season to give… games!” St. VIncent is quoted as saying we ” should mix the useful and the agreeable.” VinFormation offers just that – games that provide an opportunity to test knowledge and skills while gently educating players about various aspects of the Vincentian charism. Just a few of the Vincentian stocking stuffers […]
“Systemic change” – a phrase that has entered into the Vincentian Family vocabulary in recent years. For many who are used to focusing on the immediate and pressing needs of people it can seem abstract and new. Yet it has roots deep in Vincentian Family tradition whether as exemplified in the life and words of […]
The series “Saturday Study Hall” explores a topic in greater depth through the resources of the Vincentian Encyclopedia. (A counter-part, Formation Fridays, explores the more practical resources of VinFormation.) Many will find it particularly interesting to re-read the 1999 presentation of Sr. Gertrude Foley, SC below describing the challenge to corporate conversion to systemic change and […]
“Change your way of thinking!” I was really struck the first time I realized that the root meaning of “metanoia” or “repent” was “change your way of thinking”. Since then every Lent I try to look at what needs to change in my way of thinking about what God is asking of me and specifically in […]
From David Barringer, CEO of the St. Vincent dePaul Society USA… ￼March 27, 2014 Next Wednesday April 2nd, President Sheila Gilbert and I will participate in a National Poverty Summit hosted by Catholic Charities and involving members of government, media and providers of services to people in poverty. Held in conjunction with the 50th anniversary […]
The National Office of the SVDP draws attention to an excerpt of National Board of Director’s Stategic Goal Leader 4, Ray Sickinger’s contribution to the publication Vincentian Heritage: FREDERIC OZANAM: SYSTEMIC THINKING AND SYSTEMIC CHANGE A number of biographies document the true story of how the young Frederic Ozanam visited a beleaguered Parisian woman with five children […]
“There is no greater burden than carrying an untold story.” Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
The Vincentian Reentry Organizing Project anticipated Pope Francis’ recent call for a “System of Justice That Fully Rehabilitates Wrongdoers“ Mass Incarceration is breaking families apart, ruining communities, and leaving us unsafe. We are organizing ourselves, formerly incarcerated people and their families, and other Catholic and faith communities to remove barriers to reentry and to promote safer […]
By identifying and bringing attention to those issues that are critical to those living in poverty and to the structures, societal and legislative, that cause and perpetuate poverty, VOP Vincentians can help communities and elected representatives to develop strategies and tactics that will provide the most effective and efficient mean to reduce or eliminate poverty.
A Washington Post story was about some members of Congress who took part in a poverty simulation exercise as a way of gaining some insight into what real people experience. In 2011 over 100 participants at our "Bridges Out of Poverty" meeting took part in basically the same sort of exercise.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul will become a stronger advocate for the poor as well as continuing its longstanding charitable work of providing food, furniture and clothing to those in need.
The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth have posted news of their workshop “Understanding Systemic Change & Gender Justice” In responding to the call of the Province and General Assembly, 35 SCNs attended a Systemic Change Workshop and Gender Justice at the Provincial House in Patna from Aug. 30-31, 2014. The resource persons were SCNs Jane […]
How do you get an education if you are homeless? High school for homeless breaking the cycle of addiction and poverty
“What is your Church doing now for those who are poor?” Frederic Ozanam and the Society of St. Vincent dePaul has been answering that question for almost 200 years.
Pope Francis urged an international gathering of grassroots social activists to struggle against the “structural causes” of poverty and inequality, with a “revolutionary” program drawn from the Gospels.
Food for Thought leads Children and Families to Healthier Lifestyle The St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Joseph County is housed in an impoverished area in downtown South Bend, Indiana. The neighborhood is plagued with high crime rates, and has little to offer the children who call the area home.
Day one of the systemic change workshop in Ukraine started very well with over 100 participants in attendance from many different parts of the Vincentian Family and other collaborators, with a large number of younger people in attendance.
Exploring strategies for systemic change, wise asset management and grant writing is the focus of a gathering the Vincentian missionaries in Nairobi, Kenya these days. Sharing wisdom and seeking wisdom to move from subsidy to self-sufficency is the theme of the event. You can “learn to serve” by taking a look at VinFormation’s Toolkit for […]