Articles on this Page
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
- 09/06/17--04:30: _Participate: Knowle...
- 10/28/17--14:00: _A one person collab...
- 03/12/18--04:30: _Vincentian Spiritua...
- 03/21/18--04:00: _Matthew 25: A Vince...
- 06/26/18--04:30: _“Mediterránea”: Sys...
- 07/18/18--04:30: _Why Did Pope Franci...
- 10/24/18--04:30: _Life Lessons From t...
- 12/05/18--04:30: _A Baby Changes Ever...
- 12/19/18--04:30: _Charles Dickens – A...
- 12/26/18--04:30: _Courage, An Overloo...
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
Seeing Christ in the face of the poor
- 09/06/17--04:30: Participate: Knowledge from the Margins for Systemic Change
- 10/28/17--14:00: A one person collaborative effort?
- 03/12/18--04:30: Vincentian Spirituality and Systemic Change
- 03/21/18--04:00: Matthew 25: A Vincentian Life Process
- 07/18/18--04:30: Why Did Pope Francis Make 10 Startling Statements?
- 10/24/18--04:30: Life Lessons From the Lottery
- 12/05/18--04:30: A Baby Changes Everything
- 12/19/18--04:30: Charles Dickens – Artists as a Voice of the Poor
- 12/26/18--04:30: Courage, An Overlooked Virtue?
For those working to implement processes of systemic change, one of the keys is to understand how marginalized people actually experience change in their lives. Thankfully, strong research is emerging as we enter into the “post-MDG” world. Our Vincentian Family representatives at the United Nations are part of our contribution to the debate, but thorough […]
Mark McGreevey’s in combatting homelessness are successful because the many people he’s recruited to work with him from all walks of life in seven countries, and soon many more. He’s also successful, because he successfully roped the Daughters of Charity, a few of us priests and brothers and tons of lay Vincentians to join him.
Vincentian Spirituality is a spirituality that emerges from the contact with the poor. The two events of Folleville and Chatillon marked the life of Saint Vincent de Paul. These two episodes lead him from the beginning in the elaboration of his itinerary of faith: an experience of faith centered on following Jesus Christ, Evangelizer of […]
It is interesting to consider Matthew’s chapter 25 as a whole, all three parables together in sequence, one building on the other.
“Mediterránea” The General Curia, Rome A Systemic Change Project of the Vincentian Family We still hold the Vincentian Jubilee in our hearts and minds; the great Symposium for the 400th anniversary of the birth of the charism inherited from our founder, St. Vincent de Paul. We have lived this event not as a celebration in and […]
Pope Francis has a knack for making startling statements that catch people's attention.
What would you spend a billion on? Go ahead… let yourself dream a bit.
Having a baby is a life-changer. It bears repeating. A baby changes everything. One baby changed everything – for everyone – literally!
Artists through the centuries have challenged superficial visions of poverty and inspired systemic change and dedication to direct services improving the condition of the poor.
Bold advocacy calls for courage. We might lose friends, not everyone will agree with us. And for an organization it can be very challenging to take a public stance on a controversial issue.